.In this article, you will learn how to install MAC on VMware . VMware is a cloud computing and virtualization software tool for Windows operating systems that allows users to install a virtual operating system within their windows operating system.
But when a user wants to use MAC on windows virtual machine, they need to install it, and it is the perfect way to use Mac-only apps on Windows.
1. Check System Requirements:
Verify that your Windows laptop meets the system requirements for running VMware.
Ensure that your laptop has a compatible processor and sufficient RAM to run macOS on a virtual machine.
2. Obtain the macOS Installation Media
Download the macOS installation image (e.g., macOS High Sierra, macOS Mojave) from the Apple App Store or an authorized source.
The installation image will be in the form of a disk image file (DMG) or an installer application (APP).
3. Install VMware Workstation or VMware Player:
Download and install VMware Workstation Player (free for personal use) or VMware Workstation Pro (paid version) on your Windows laptop. Follow the installation wizard and configure the necessary settings.
- Open VMware and select “Create a New Virtual Machine.”
- Choose the option to install the operating system later.
Configure the Virtual Machine Settings:
- Specify the macOS version and compatibility (e.g., macOS 10.13 High Sierra) during the virtual machine creation process.
- Allocate appropriate RAM, processor cores, and storage space for the virtual machine.
- Adjust other settings as per your requirements.
5. Edit the Virtual Machine’s Configuration:
- Close VMware and navigate to the directory where you saved the virtual machine files.
- Locate the virtual machine configuration file (VMX) for the macOS virtual machine.
- Right-click on the VMX file and open it with a text editor.
6. Install macOS on the Virtual Machine:
- Select the macOS installation image (DMG or APP) you downloaded earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install macOS within the VMware virtual machine.
- The process may take some time.
Complete the macOS Installation:
.Once the installation is complete, proceed with the macOS setup process, including creating a user account, choosing preferences, etc.
That’s it! You should now have macOS installed on your VMware virtual machine running on your Windows laptop. Remember that running macOS on non-Apple hardware may not provide the best performance, and it’s essential to comply with Apple’s terms of service.